Trinidadian-American writer and editor Keishel Williams is an award-winning journalist, literary writer, and content creator. Her work can be found in publications in the U.S., the Caribbean, and Europe. She has contributed her writing to publications such as Literary Hub, Rumpus, Compulsive Reader, Atlas Obscura, NL Times, and the Trinidad & Tobago Guardian.
Keishel also writes a fun blog called notesbykw about books, fashion, and tea! Additionally, she uses her experience in media and entrepreneurship for the educational and social development of young people in underserved communities, teaching and coaching every chance she gets.
- ” ‘Lovecraft Country’ Is Haunted by the Ghosts of Real-Life Places” – Atlas Obscura, 2020
- ” For Young Devyn, The Rap Game Is All Blessings – And She’s Got Next” – BET.com, 2019
- “Author Nicole Dennis-Benn isn’t afraid to break taboos of the immigrant narrative” – Brooklyn Eagle, 2019
- “The man behind Brooklyn’s own Fashion Week” – Brooklyn Eagle, 2019
- “Fashion Week Brooklyn Designers…Came With A Story To Tell” – Fashion Bomb Daily, 2019
- “The Cost of Liberation: Pasty, by Nicole Dennis-Benn” – Rumpus, 2020
- “A review of Love After Love by Ingrid Persaud” – Compulsive Reader, 2020
- “A review of Everything Inside by Edwidge Danticat” – Compulsive Reader, 2019
Panels + Presentations
- Afrofuturism: Designing the mobilization of the future of Smart Cities through the perspective of people of color – Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Black Futures Month, February 2020
- The Future is Female for Moko Jumbies: Young Girls Carry on the Tradition – (Afrofuturism exhibit), February 2020